More Jokes for the John

Johnny C. shares some more vintage risque cartoons from his MORE JOKES FROM THE JOHN book.

Wow! Some great non-PC humor! I thought for a second Johnny might have a couple cartoons by Bill Ward in that book, but nooo -- they're just Wardian copycats. I recognized so few names in the book, and I usually can spot a couple that I know. This must've been a real grade Z production, maybe paying $5-$10 a cartoon.

Guys who were doing gag cartooning in the 50s and 60s have told me that ANYONE who could put together a batch of cartoons and do the rounds could make it in the business. There were so many markets. This is evidence! Regardless, I enjoyed it!!!

Thanks, Johnny! I don't like your Hole in the Head blog -- I LOVE your Hole in the Head blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment