1979 STAR TREK Interviews

Just to cleanse the all-cartoonist photo palate this week, here's a video from WJKW Channel 8's PM Magazine, which means, since I was living on the East Side of Cleveland then, I probably saw this when it aired.

I have not sen this before. It's not in the bells-and-whistles edition of the STTMP DVD. Funny to remember that this was back when it was just one 1960s TV show and its fans keeping the idea alive. I remember being alternately excited about this and fearing it would be bad. The idea of a major motion picture being based on an old, canceled TV show was, back then, pretty controversial. Would people go and see it? Nowadays, there's probably a movie treatment based on Shatner's Promise Margarine commercials!

I dug host Jim Finnerty's fro!

No comments:

Post a Comment