Richard Erdoes: Jokes Jokes Jokes

Found at the Community Bookstore: JOKES JOKES JOKES Selected by Helen Hoke, with illustrations by Richard Erdoes. Published in 1954 by Franklin Watts, Inc., 699 Madison Avenue, New York 21.



As you can clearly make out, JOKES JOKES JOKES had seen lots of use in the 53 years before I found it. I thought I'd show you a bit of this tome today. First, the good news:


The endpapers! As soon as I saw them, I knew I'd buy the book. Love Erdoes' style.


Above: the next page. Just that one goofy guy with a hat and wearing a bowtie. A bowtie, for goodness sake! Kinda creepy, huh?


Now you can see that this is part of a series.


More great cartoons. They're like part cartoon, part 50s design.


Above: the bad news. Here's the first joke of the book. The drawings may have aged like fine wine, but these jokes -- I don't know!




OK, that's all for JOKES JOKES JOKES today. Just like "Joe" likes his school -- we, too, are closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment