Mike Lynch Cartoon in February 29, 2008 WSJ


Above: the "Pepper ... and Salt" cartoon as it appears at the Wall Street Journal Web site.

One of the things I do is try to think of commonly used business terms and how I can twist them to find the funny in them. Some of these corporate terms that I've used in published cartoons this year:
Sometimes it's a challenge to take a term and make a cartoon out of it. The corporate jet, for instance, is not necessarily funny in and of itself. But skew the idea of what's trendy, and there you have a cartoon fit for WSJ.


Above: the original. Comparing my version with what is published (top), looks like they dropped out the wash and slightly squished it to fit their square format. I wasn't asked to redraw it. If I redrew it, I would've drawn it with a bolder line and gotten rid of the cloud formation that seems to dominate the smaller version.

Pick, pick, pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment