DOCTOR WHO "Silence in the Library"

I remember standing in a long line at the Brooklyn Heights Cinema. I don't remember what the movie was, but I do remember meeting this couple. They were chatty and it helped pass the time. There was a general discussion of sci fi TV shows that went something like this:

THEM: "And there's BABYLON 5. You watch BABYLON 5, right?"

ME: "No. I watched the pilot. I couldn't get into it."

THEM "Oh, no. You HAVE to watch BABYLON 5. I highly recommend it!"


And I remember wondering, Who are you? So, what? So you "highly recommend" something! I don't even know you! I did try watching BABYLON 5 once again and once again I was turned off by it.

Another show that I would occasionally watch was DOCTOR WHO, which is seen in the States on Friday nights on the Sci Fi Channel. It was cheesy and silly and overly dramatic. I've gone from watching maybe once a year to really getting into the program now that David Tennant is The Doctor. I can't put my finger on when I went from casual watcher to fan. And I can't help but proselytize.

I urge you to watch/tape/TiVo/DVR tonight's episode titled "Silence in the Library." It's good. It's written by the man who is going to producing the show for the next while. And, yeah, I highly recommend it.

There are 2 Doctor Who episodes on Sci Fi tonight. I'm talking about the second one of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment