Typical New Hampshire Cartooning Scene

I'm drawing up a "typical New Hampshire cartoonist" scene. Whatever that is!

I agreed, in a phone conversation with an editor, to come up with 3 rough sketches of a typical NH cartoonist. When I got off the phone, I realized I didn't know what one visual of that idea would be, much less the three I promised

Hmm. New Hampshire. What says "New Hampshire?" I came up with a handful of ideas:
  • Old Man of the Mountain monument

  • Moose

  • Maple syrup

  • Foliage



So, I drew up the Old Man of the Mountain, falling on a cartoonist. As you can see, the cartoonist is holding up one of those dinky Wile E. Coyote umbrellas for protection.



And then I drew a moose-as-cartoonist, drawing with maple syrup.


And, finally, more of a gag cartoon: a cartoonist and his wife and the foliage.

Which one would you choose? I'll let you know which one the editor picked later.

My thanks to Chris Lupetti who suggested I show these.

No comments:

Post a Comment